|positive||There is a beautiful lake||There are lots of things to do|
|Negative||There isn´t a park near our flat||There are any restaurants|
|Questions||Is there a hotel?||Are there any cheap places to stay?|
|Short answer||Yes, there is/ no, there isn´t||Yes, there are/ no, There aren´t|
For singular we use a /an
we use a or an in poistive sentences, negatives and questions with singular countable nouns
- There is an apple in the basket
- There is a beautiful lake
some and any
- we usually use some in positieve sentences with plural countable nouns ande uncountable nouns
- there are some chairs.
- we usually use any in negatives and questions with plural countable nouns and uncountable nouns
- there aren´t any eggs in the fridge
- are there any shops?