martes, 7 de enero de 2014

present simple

EXERCISES

.1 Complete the sentences using one of the following:
cause(s) close(s) drink(s) live(s) open(s) speak(s) take(s) place
1. Ann speaks German very well.
2. I never --- coffee.
3. The swimming pool --- at 9 o'clock and --- at 18.30 every day.
4. Bad driving --- many accidents.
5. My parents --- in a very at small flat.
6. The Olympic Games --- every four years.

2 Put the verb into the correct form.
1. Jane doesn't drink (not/drink) tea very often.
2. What time --- (the banks/close) in Britain?
3. 'Where --- (Martin/come) from?' 'He's Scottish.'
4. 'What --- (you/do)?' 'I'm an electrical engineer.'
5. I --- (play) the piano but I --- (not/play) very well.
6. I don't understand this sentence. What --- (this word/mean)?

write the correct form

I work in a big office with twenty other people. We (spend)----------- all the day together. I (like)------ most
of them except for Neil.
Every day he (spend)--------- one hour talking about his holidays.
 Now he (want)---------- to go to some other country.
At 12.30 I usually (go)....................... out for lunch with Helen, the secretary. She (work) from 8am to
8pm.
 Today, she (have) a lot of things to do at home but she (want).......................... to stay late again.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario