martes, 7 de enero de 2014

present continuous

EXERCISES

1.1 Complete the sentences with one of the following verbs in the correct form:
come get happen look make start stay try work

1. 'You're working hard today.' 'Yes, I have a lot to do.'
2. I --- for Christine. Do you know where she is?
3. It --- dark. Shall I turn on the light?
4. They haven't got anywhere to I've at the moment. They --- with friends until they find somewhere.
5. 'Are you ready, Ann?' 'Yes, I ---.'
6. Have you got an umbrella? It --- to rain.
7. Why are all these people here? What ---?

1.2 Use the words in brackets to complete the questions.
1. 'Is Colin working this week?' 'No, he's on holiday.' (Colin/work)
2. Why --- at me like that? What's the matter? (you/look)
3. 'Jenny is a student at university.' 'Is she? What --- ?' (she/study)
4. --- to the radio or can I turn it off? (anybody/listen)
5. How is your English? --- better? (it/get)

1.3 Put the verb into the correct form. Sometimes you need the negative (I'm not doing etc.).
1. I'm tired. I (go) to bed now. Goodnight!
2. We can go out now. it (rain) any more.
3. 'How is your new job?' 'Not so good at the moment. I --- (enjoy) it very much.
4. Catherine phoned me last night. She's on holiday in France. She --- (have) a great time and doesn't
want to come back.
5. I want to lose weight, so this week I --- (eat) lunch.
6. Angela has just started evening classes. She --- (learn) German.
7. I think Paul and Ann have had an argument. They --- (speak) to each other.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario