martes, 10 de febrero de 2015

comparative and superlative

comparative and superlative

James: I'm going skiing next week. 
Tina: .I know it's probably  (bad) time to go on holiday, because everybody else is going too and the hotel prices are   than now.
James: I know, but the Christmas holiday is also  (lively) time for the skiing resorts. If you want to make a lot of friends, it's  (good) to go in December than in November.
Tina: My favourite time for going on holiday is September. The weather is  (dry) than in October and everything is  (cheap) and  (quiet) than in August, especially if you want to go to the beach. 
James: I agree with you. It's definitely  (sensible) to go on holiday when everybody else is working!

use of comparative

1. John is 30. Mike is 20.
(old) John .
2. A city is noisy. A village is quiet.
(noisy) A city .
3. Jogging is boring. Swimming is fun.
(boring) Jogging .
4. Mary lives 20 minutes away from the centre. Jane lives 5 minutes away from the centre.
(far) Mary .
5. A bike costs 200 euros. A motorbike costs 20000 euros.
(expensive) A motorbike .
6. In summer it's 30 degrees above zero. In winter it's 10 degrees below zero.
(hot) In summer .
7. Paul is good at Maths. Larry is not so good at Maths.
(good) Paul .
8. Harriet is bad at drawing. Diana is not so bad at drawing.
(bad) Harriet .

put this adjetives in that sentences in the correct form
fast, friendly, funny, heavy, long, narrow. fast, friendly, funny, heavy, long, narrow. 

1. The Volga is  river in Europe.
2. The circus is  than the cinema.
3. Lead is  than aluminium.
4. Dogs are  than cats.
5. The Ritz is one of  hotels in the world.
6. A Jeep is  than a Mini.
7. A path is  than a road.


Choose the best option
  1. Laura is ..... in our class.
    1.   taller
    2.   the tallest
  2. Jerry is ..... than Tom.
    1.   fitter
    2.   more fit
  3. This is ..... film I have ever seen.
    1.   better
    2.   the best
  4. Your flat is ..... than mine.
    1.   biger
    2.   bigger
  5. This is ..... restaurant in the town.
    1.   worse
    2.   the worst
  6. The test was not as ..... as I expected.
    1.   easier
    2.   easy
  7. Jane is less ..... than her parents.
    1.   richer
    2.   rich
  8. A pub is ..... than a café.
    1.   noisier
    2.   more noisy
  9. This is ..... present I have ever received.
    1.   the most lovely
    2.   the loveliest


complete with superlative and comparative

    1. That avenue is the (dark) …………… street in the town.
    1. That is the (bad) …………… film I have ever seen.
    1. Mary is (lazy) …………… than my sister.
    1. Brian is (good) …………… friend I have had.
    1. Today is the (cold) …………… day of the year..
  1. My brother is the (tall) …………… pupil in the class.
    1. The Everest is the (high) …………… mountain in the world..
    1. Brad Pitt is (young) …………… than Jack Nicholson.
    1. The zoo is the (dirty) …………… area in the city.
    1. My house is (cheap) …………… than my factory.
    1. I am the (happy) …………… person on the Earth.
    1. The dog is (heavy) …………… than the cat.
    1. This is the (hot) …………… coffee I have ever drunk.
  1. My car is (new) …………… than your truck.
choose the best option

Q1 of 10: My mother is _____ than my father.

 
 
 
 
Q2 of 10: What is _____ movie you have ever seen?

 
 
 
 
Q3 of 10: That movie was bad, but it wasn't _____ I have ever seen.

 
 
 
 
Q4 of 10: Rachel's hair is not as _____ as Sarah's.

 
 
 
 

Q6 of 10: Peter is as ____ as Alex.

 
 
 
 

Q8 of 10: Her room is only a little bit _____ than mine.

 
 
 
 
Q9 of 10: He is _____ when he is playing football.

 
 
 
 
Q10 of 10: Michael's house is _____ from the train than Betty's.

 
 
 
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario