Make the present simple. Choose positive, negative or question.
1) (he / drive to work every day) .
2) (I / not / think you're right) .
3) (we / have enough time)? .
4) (I / eat cereal in the morning) .
5) (they / write e-mails every day)? .
6) (you / watch a lot of TV) .
7) (he / not / read the newspaper) .
8) (she / dance often)?
9) (where / I / come on Mondays)? .
10) (what / you / do at the weekend)? .
11) (you / not / drink much tea) .
12) (how / he / travel to work)? .
13) (they / not / like vegetables) .
14) (she / catch a cold every winter) .
15) (I / go out often)? .
16) (you / speak English)? .
17) (we / take the bus often) .
18) (she / not / walk to school) .
19) (what / you / buy in the supermarket) .
20) (how / he / carry such a heavy bag)? .
Choose the answers that describe the pictures.
She is not working.
Present Continuous: Questions
Change each sentence into a question in the present continuous tense. The question type is in brackets. For example: "She is eating cheese. [WHAT]" becomes "What is she eating?"
Type the question in the blank and click on "Check".
She's going to work. [WHERE]
He's cooking bacon for supper. [WHAT]
He's riding a bike. [WHAT]
She is having a party. [YES/NO]
It's raining hard. [YES/NO]
We are waiting because the bus is late. [WHY]
We are travelling by ship. [HOW]
You're giving her flowers because it's her birthday. [WHY]
PRESENT SIMPLE OR PROGRESSIVE 2
Complete the sentences:(TO BE IN PAST)
Today, I happy.
Yesterday, they at home.
Now, we playing football.
Last week, she on holidays.
Today, you the best student.
Last year, you the tallest child in the school.
Now, he at the library.
Yesterday, I at the swimming-pool.
Today, it raining.
Last sunday, it sunny.
Now, they cleaning the windows.
Yesterday, we at the cinema.
COMPLETE THE ADJECTIVES USING THE COMPARATIVE FORM
1. It´s too noisy here. Can we go to a (quiet) place? 2. The hotel was (big) than that in which we stayed last year. 3. Your work is (good) than mine. 4. The accident could have been (bad) than it was. 6. I´d like to have a (fast) car. The one I have now is really old. 7. Last week it was really hot. Today is (cold) than then.
COMPLETE WITH COMPARATIVE FORM
1. We have an (old) brother who lives in Miami. 3. I like warm weather. If the weather is (cold), I feel ill. 4. This dress is (NICE) than that. 5. He is (rich) than Arthur. 6. This road is (far) than the motorway. 7. Was the TV programme (bad) than the film?
COMPLETE THE SENTENCES USING THE SUPERLATIVE FORM OF THE ADJECTIVES
1. It´s a very nice house. It´s house in the street. 2. This is a cheap restaurant. It´s I´ve ever been. 3. It was a very valuable painting. I´m sure it was painting in the gallery. 4. She´s a very good tennis player. Her trainer says she is . 6. We should buy him a NICE present. Last year we gave him gift of all in his birthday.
4. WRITE THE COMPARATIVE OR SUPERLATIVE FORM OF THE ADJECTIVES IN THESE SENTENCES
1. She was a very CLEVER student. She was (CLEVER) girl in her class. 2. It´s a very old castle. Experts argued it is (old) in Britain.
4. This new job is (GREAT) for me than the last I had. 5. Living in the countryside is (GOOD) than leaving in town. 6. These instructions were (HARD) ones I have ever read.