sábado, 25 de abril de 2015

was/were

1. I ............. in Canberra last spring.

2.We............  at school last Saturday.

3.Tina...............  at home yesterday.

4. He............  happy.

5. Robert and Stan .................... Garry's friends.

6 You................  very busy on Friday.

7.They.............  in front of the supermarket.

8. I....................  in the museum.

9. She..................  in South Africa last month.

10. Jessica and Kimberly...........  late for school.


Use was/were in this quesitos

1. you there last night?

2. the movie good?

3. you at school yesterday?

4. the doors closed?

5. it very windy?

6. the weather cold?

7. she angry with you?

8. Bill and Fred at the restaurant?

9. you thirsty after the walk?

10. the umbrella in the car?


USE VERB TO BE (am, is, are, was and were)

1. Last year, she................  22, so she is 23 now.

2. Today the weather..............  nice, but yesterday it was cold.

3. I.................  hungry last night, so I had something to eat.

4. Where...................  you at 11 o'clock last Friday morning?

5. Don't buy those shoes. They..................  too expensive.

6. I ................. hungry. Can I have something to eat?

7. Why ................... you so angry yesterday?

8. We must go now. It .................. very late.

9. This time last year I....................  in Paris.

10. We....................  tired when we arrived home, so we went to bed.

11. Charlie Chaplin died in 1978. He......................  a famous film star.

12. Where ............... the children? I don't know. They must be in the garden.

Complete the sentences with the Past Tense of ‘to be’.

1)   We...........  in Australia.

2)  She.............  in the classroom.

3)  It ................ my birthday last week.

4)  The man................  in the train.

5)  It ................. an apple.

6)  You.............  in a bookshop.

7)  It..................  a doll.

8)  I.................... . .  a good pupil.

9)  What................this?

10)  It...................  a French lesson.

11)  London...................  a beautiful city.

12)  He.....................  my brother.

13)  I.......................  in London today.

14)  We......................  on holiday.

15)  The doctors ................ here.

 - Rewrite the sentences into the Simple Past Tense. Then write a negative sentence. Use the short forms. Look at the example below.
e.g. I am at home.  I was at home. I wasn’t at home.
1)      He is my friend.  . .

2)    I am a man.  . .

3)    It is an umbrella.  . .

4)    That is a bird.  . .

5)    These are your pens and pencils.  . .

6)    They are happy people.  . .

7)    This is a kitchen.  . .

8)    Those are two bags, a ruler and a rubber.  .
                                                                           .
9)    We are in.  . .

10) You are my brother.  . .

- Rewrite the sentences into the Simple Past. Then write an interrogative sentence. Look at the example below.

e.g. Mr Smith is at home.  Mr Smith was at home. Was Mr Smith at home?

1)      I am a good teacher.  . ?

2)    Mickey is strong and brave.  . ?

3)    My name is Susan.  . ?

4)    Peter is a boy.  . ?

5)    She is a young woman.  . ?

6)    These are my comics.  . ?

7)    This is a family.  . ?

8)    This pen is blue.  . ?

9)    We are from Australia.  . ?

10) You are a stupid girl.  . ?

 Change the following sentences into interrogative then give short answers according to the sign.
Look at the examples.
e.g. Mr Smith was at home.   Was Mr Smith at home? Yes, he was.

     Tim and Peter were in the library.   Were Tim and Peter in the library? No, they weren’t.

1)      I was in the garden.   ? .

2)    Mum was ill last week.   ? .

3)    They were on holiday in May.   ? .

4)    You were tired yesterday.   ? .

5)    We were in the park at 5 o’clock yesterday.   ? .

6)    Jack was too fat two years ago.   ? .

7)    The Lees were in the zoo the day before yesterday.   ?
                                                                                                   .
8)    I was always hungry.   ? .

9)   Kim and Greg were married .   ? .

10) Frank Sinatra was a famous actor.  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario