miércoles, 11 de junio de 2014

Bilingual exam. part 1

PRESENT SIMPLE VS. PRESENT CONTINUOUS EXERCISES
1. Choose the most suitable sentence.
a) 1. I wash my hair
 2. I’m washing my hair.
b) 1. Do you know the answer?
 2. Are you knowing the answer?
c) 1. Do you wait for the school bus?
 2. Are you waiting for the school bus?
d) 1. You’re in the wrong place!
 2. You’re in the wrong place!
e) 1. That bike costs £350.
 2. That bike is costing £350.
f) 1. Do you understand?
 2. Are you understanding?
g) 1. I do my homework.
 2. I’m doing my homework.
2. Complete each sentence. Use the words in brackets. Use present simple or
present continuous.
a) Richard (always, get up) ................................. before 7.00.
b) Hurry up! The bus (wait) .................................................. for us!
c) Where (we, go) .......................................................... ? This is the wrong
road!
d) My friends (not believe) .................................................................... my story.
e) Please be quiet! I (read) ............................................... a very interesting
book.
f) (like, Susan) ................................................................................. horror films?
 3. Complete the sentences with the correct forms of the verbs in brackets. Use
the simple present or the present continuous tense.
1 My brother __________________________ (like) this CD very much.
2 He __________________________ (travel) in China this summer.
3 We __________________________ (go) to lunch now. Would you like to join
us?
4 We always __________________________ (visit) Grandma on Sundays.
5 In this photo, we __________________________ (play) volleyball on the
beach.
6 I __________________________ (play) tennis every day.
7 My father can’t come to the phone now. He __________________________
(take) a shower.
8 My father __________________________ (work) as an accountant in a big
company.
9 I think this pen __________________________ (cost) HK$8.
10 I can’t play online games now. My brother __________________________
(use) the computer
to do his homework.
11 A: ______________ you ___________________ (do) your homework now?
B: Yes, I __________________________.
12 This photo was taken when I was three. My father
__________________________ (carry) me on his shoulders.
13 People ______________ always ___________________ (buy) new mobile
phones.
14 Can you see Anna? She __________________________ (stand) at the bus
stop.
15 ______________ you still ___________________ (watch) TV?
16 A: ______________ they _________________ (go) to Ocean Park on
Sunday?
B: No, they __________________________.
17 She often __________________________ (miss) class because of illness. 18 A: ______________ you _________________ (like) Kelly Chan’s songs?
B: Yes, I ______________, but my brother _________________.

4. Fill in the gaps with Present Simple or Present Continuous.
John lives in a small village near the sea. He ……………. (work) at the local
post office. He ………………………. (not drive) to work because the office is
near his home. He always …………………. (walk) to work. In the afternoons, he
……………………. (play) cricket with his friends. They ……………………. (not
have) much to do in the evenings, but John …………………… (love) his life in
the village.
This week everything is different. He …………………… (stay) with his brother
in London. He ………………….. (drive) everywhere, but he …………………….
(not like) it. He …………………… (want) to go back to his village.
5. Put the verb in brackets in the correct tense. Underline the clues for
your choice, if possible.
1. ..................................................... (you, work) at the moment?
2. How many brothers and sisters ................................................... (you, have
got)?
3. Be quiet! My favourite writer .................................................. (speak) right
now on TV.
4. ..................................................... (you, speak) English?
5. Oh, hello. Sit down. We .......................................... (talk) about yesterday's
party!
6. On Mondays my father ............................................ (go) to the gym.
7. Every weekend my friends and I ...................................... (meet) in a big
disco nearby.
8. I ................................................... (not do) anything in the evening this year.
9. Why ................................................................ (you, always, think) that?!
10. Let me see... What book ....................................... (you, read)?
11. My sister ............................................... (not see) very well.
12. (continues) She ....................................... (wear) glasses.
13. Leonora ................................................ (work) in a library.
14. (continues) She ........................................ (be) a librarian.
15. (continues) But this weekend she ....................................... (work) as a
tattooist!
16. (continues) You see, .................................... (there be) an international
Tattoo Weekend with artists from all over the world.
17. (continues) And, of course, she ................................. (want) to be there!
18. ............................................ (you, like) tattoos?
19. Oh, yes! I ................................ (love) them! 20. (continues) Which .................................... (be) your favourite tattoos?
21. (continues) Which .................................... (be) your favourite type of tattoos,
I mean?
22. (continues) Well, I .................................... (like) tribals very much.
23. Dear Head Shrink: I ................................... (have) a problem.
24. (continues) I ........................................... (not make) friends easily.
25. I .......................................... (feel) very bad about that, really.
26. You ...................................... (be) a very nice person. So you should feel
more confident. Come on, go home.
27. (continues) Why .............................................. (you, look) at me like that!
28. (continues) ............................................. (you, be) a psychiatrist or not?
29. (continues) ............................................. (that, be) an answer?
30. Hey, it .................................. (smell) like something ...................................
(burn)!
31. (continues) Oh, my! My trainers ............................................ (be) on fire!!!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario